Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

M8 on M9 off

Discussion in 'Interfaces' started by Dean Taylor, Jan 11, 2021.

1. Dean Taylor

Builder

Hi, I have had my C beam for about two years now and have grown out of the original design.
    so I added two more linear bearings on the Y axis to eliminate bed bounce, which worked well but then i noticed how much head(Z axis) bounce was there.

I then added linear bearings to the Z axis and the X axis which made the world of difference.
    As a trade I look after a lot of large bespoke machines so i decided to add a few bits into my machine, like a new spindle and control enclosure.

I use open builds software to control my router from a laptop(which is now the other side of my workshop) but have added a large touch screen monitor so I can get my Z & Y zero's a bit better, however I have found I have to edit my G code to start, set speed and get a pause before starting G code while spindle is winding up but I cant find where to add in a M8 air on and M9 air off.

I can do this with a Macros command but not running G code.

This information would be good as would like to cut but not not have the air blast on all the time but on for a second every 60 seconds.

Also changed from a V3 pro....V4 pro to the Blackbox.

2. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

Gcode header and footers are generated by the CAM application you use to generate gcode with. So what are you using, and we can point you to more specific instructions for that application

3. Dean Taylor

Builder

Thanks for the swift response... I use Vectric Aspire but haven't thought of changing any of the G code before i send it to open builds.

4. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

5. Dean Taylor

Builder

Thank you Peter, You have saved me a lot of manual button pushing on a 7 hour cut to get rid of chips.

6. Dean Taylor

Builder

I have just had a look and this is way out of my computer skills... so I think I will just add a timed relay on the m8 output and control it via the relay.
    Thank you for your response.