Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Looking for Wooden Plans

Discussion in 'CNC Mills/Routers' started by THRobinson, Dec 10, 2019.

1. THRobinson

Builder

Hello... I'm a total newbie for CNC stuff, and been in a few forums and gathering info, and originally was after a cheap $300CAD CNC 3018 off Amazon, but.... I doubt I'd be happy with it. Good for learning from what I heard but, it's $300 I can spend towards something bigger/better.

I have no 3D printer, or CNC machine, etc... so looking at building something that won't require specially fabricated parts beyond what I can make with wood, or cut out of pipe/extrusions. I have a pretty fully stocked wood working shop.... but not much for metal work, beyond drills and hacksaws.

I've been going through the builds here and not having much luck. Many are for kits to buy, and many show what they built with very little in terms of blueprints and plans.

Ideally... looking for a bed/workspace of maybe around 24"x36", with a height of at least 3".

I want to start making guitars. Bodies are around 13x18, necks around 17" long.... some archtop guitars are a hair more than 2". Workspace of 24x36 would allow me to cut 2 out at a time. Plus maybe some custom signs.

28x28 would also work technically, but then the wood grain would be the wrong direction for the bodies.

Can anyone recommend a good set of plans for something like this? I was looking at the WorkBees, but I'd have to jump way up in size and price to get a working area that big. 40x60 I think. Ideally I'd like to find some good plans, maybe modify them a bit if needed to get down to what I need in size.

Thanks

Kevin Hanning likes this.