Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Looking for some help / input.

Discussion in 'Concepts and Ideas' started by Kyo, Mar 1, 2015.

1. Kyo

Kyo Master
    Staff Member Resident Builder Builder

First off I hope this is the correct sub forum for this topic, if not admins feel free to move..

Let me introduce "Adamantine" my lead screw all aluminum printer.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Being the first complex project I have completed in Sketchup ( others have stalled as I narrowed down what I needed vs wanted ) and not having the $ right now to buy parts to pull dimensions from directly.

I was wondering if any one more skilled with cad / sketchup then I. Could review my file for tolerances and proper dimensions ect.. ( specifically where wheel spacing and hole sizing is concerned. ) and bolt lengths / spacing ect. ect. I want to minimize errors and missing parts before posting the files to the builds section.

Plus it never hurts to have someone else look over your files. A couple days swapping advice is a whole lot cheaper then having to have aluminum plate re-cut..

I also welcome input on the hotend mount and the X carriage in general. Not 100% happy with that yet. I will be using a e3d v6 hotend.

This printer will use solid V-Wheels. 20x60 and 20x40 V-slot and 1/4 and 3/8 aluminum plate. No belts all axis will run on the OB lead screws Speed is not a concern with this printer as it is intended for accurate smaller prints. With only the classic 8x8x8 build volume.

If you interested in reviewing my beta file, just shot me a pm.

Thanks for reading..

#1 Kyo, Mar 1, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2015