Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Looking for Father/Son/Daughter makers

Discussion in 'General Talk' started by MaryD, May 29, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MaryD

MaryD OpenBuilds Team

Would love to feature some of our OpenBuilds father & son (or daughters) teams this Father's Day. Please share some pics of the two of you making memories while making stuff!

#1 MaryD, May 29, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2018
  2. Lasersc

Lasersc New
    Builder

IMG_4318.JPG openbiu.jpg vlcsnap-2018-05-30-09h35m51s587.png This was a lot of fun going through photos of projects and just having fun sharing time together, Time flies so very fast and soon our children are up and gone starting families of their on. I have been very fortunate to have very wonderful kids. (not prejudice at all). Well I could go on and on here as well as I could put up a book of pictures, wish I had taken more. The video is the first CNC we built out of a DVD player surprised us both. I will hopefully get to post up some more pictures later. Happy Fathers Day to all the fathers here at OpenBuilds and worldwide.

Sorry video would not load so included a picture.

#2 Lasersc, May 30, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2018
    Gary Caruso, GrayUK and MaryD like this.
  3. Awestruck

Awestruck New
    Builder

I love making with my son (4 years old) and daughter (2 years old). Since an early age they have been working with tools and in the shop and I've tried to teach them good habits in the shop. Sometimes intentionally showing them the right way to hold a tool or workpiece, and sometimes by bad example (Yikes!).

We don't post pictures of our children online, however there are some great photos and memories of them helping with the smallest of tasks like gluing together something for mother or building bird houses or remodeling our house. My wife just told me that the other day when the gas company visited our house to put on a new meter, my son was outside passing them the tools and both the workers were impressed. Just a couple weeks ago both kids were helping me trial a Shaper Origin. We look forward to doing CNC routing and 3D printing in the near future.

MaryD likes this.
  4. Lasersc

Lasersc New
    Builder

D18C81D5-FB0E-4799-9D90-D21BD83F2BE3.jpeg
    Another project Daniel and myself just finished up for my lovely wife’s birthday. These are made out of cypress and coated in clear polyurethane. Can’t wait to engrave dedication plates for them on my project CNC.

5. MaryD

MaryD OpenBuilds Team

She is a lucky gal. Beautiful chairs!

6. MaryD

MaryD OpenBuilds Team

You are starting them out right. Those are skills they will use throughout life and yes memories you just can't make any other way. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.