Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Looking for control board and electronics advice for CNC build

Discussion in 'Controller Boards' started by BillR94, Sep 3, 2019.

1. BillR94

BillR94 New
    Builder

I am in the process of building a 60 inch x 60 inch CNC mill and am looking for suggestions as to what electronics I would need. I have been trying to research this but the more I read, the more confused I get. Being new to this type of electronics, I have no idea what is right for my application or what is good or junk.

My CNC is intended for hobby use. I expect to be cutting mostly wood, making engravings, carvings, etc. I was thinking of using Nema 23 motors with 2 motors on the Y axis. I would like to be able to control the router through the control board. I will be using limit switches and a emergency stop button. I have no plans at this time for a lazer or water cooled spindles. (yet)

I was looking at the "Black Box Motion Control System" and was curious to ask if this is a good option for my application. If not, what drivers, control boards etc should I be looking at? Where to get these parts would also help.

Any advice for this VERY confused hobbyist would be VERY appreciated.
    Thank you so much.
    Bill

2. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

BlackBox for sure!
    Checkout docs.openbuilds.com for all the information
    Also see the Videos link on the menubar above

Mark Carew likes this.