Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Log for Interface

Discussion in 'CNC Mills/Routers' started by Pursl006, Feb 23, 2021.

1. Pursl006

Pursl006 New
    Builder

Hello Friends,

I was wondering if anyone has found a way to check a log of movements from their Interface. I have been running some drill spotting with my machine this morning and it got through a bunch of runs using the same code every time and working correctly. However this last time when I started the program it started drilling in the completely wrong spot despite it being the only program loaded on the interface. I would like to be able to check a log and see what went wrong so I can correct it or make sure it doesn't happen again.

2. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

No logging per-se, but you can enable "echo" in Grbl, and watch the serial response over the USB-C Connection

That said, probably not the cause
    1) Make sure firmware is up to date (had a CR/LF bug in older versions) v1.47 at the time of this reply is the latest

Sounds more like maybe forgot to home, or set zero, depending on how your workflow goes

3. Pursl006

Pursl006 New
    Builder

I am not sure. it is set to zero at the beginning of my code. its happened twice so far and the motors do something weird when it gets off, they kind of do a weird jig jog. I am gonna try some runs to see if i can get what happens on video sans bit and parts. while I was re probing after the last incident the probe went fine and made its happy little noise of completion but as i was taking the probe off the parts it triggered an alarm. code 3 reset while in motion.

the firmware is up to date as well.

4. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

docs:blackbox:faq-identify-motor-coils [OpenBuilds Documentation] maybe?

Any chance you shorted V+ to GND - the exposed pins on the terminal touching the machine frame / endmill / something metalic/conductive?

5. Pursl006

Pursl006 New
    Builder

maybe.
    just chatted with my boss and he agreed with you that i should be probing before every run.

thanks for your help, i have really been learning alot.

Peter Van Der Walt likes this.