Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

List of Who Will Print Parts for Builds

Discussion in '3D printers' started by DiggerJ, Oct 11, 2014.

1. DiggerJ

DiggerJ Journeyman
    Builder

The OX router build section has a list of members who will make plates and parts for OX (and variants) builds.
    Are there members in this group who are willing/able o print parts for various printer builds?

I would like to start accumulating parts for a printer, but do not have access to anyone locally who can print the parts for me to get started. I suspect I am not alone. Does anyone on here do this? Does the printer to be built matter if the stl files are openly available?

If this is doable, perhaps we should put a list in a "sticky" for new builders.

Digger

2. dddman

dddman Journeyman
    Builder

3D print in Quebec, Canada

I will! I have a Prusa i3. I can print in PLA and PLA/PHA (much better, but twice the price...). I can print ABS too, but I hate it so I prefer not to...

DiggerJ and Robert Hummel like this.
  3. DiggerJ

DiggerJ Journeyman
    Builder

Thanks for starting the list. Perhaps you might explain the difference in the properties of PLA and PLA/PHA for those who are considering builds. Are there some parts that will benefit more than others from the PLA/PHA combo?

4. dddman

dddman Journeyman
    Builder

PLA/PHA is simply stronger, less brittle and has less warping, but, as I said before, twice the price :p

5. feenix3k

feenix3k New
    Builder

Once I get Bumble Bee running you can put me on the list too.