Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Limit Switches

Discussion in 'CNC Mills/Routers' started by leversole, Dec 14, 2015.

1. leversole

leversole Journeyman
    Builder

When I post my build, I will concentrate on the things I changed...no need to bore people wiht the same things! Anyway, lost my controller (another on the way) and during the down time I took my linmit swtiches off and soldered the leads...the slip on clips sometimes slip off, when they do, you can save a crash only if you can get to the power cord first! HaHa! Anyway, I found a cool out of the way place for the Z limit switch, only bad thing is you have to tear down the machine to get to it (which is why it is now soldered)!

IMG_2779.JPG IMG_2778.JPG

2. David the swarfer

David the swarfer OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder

you should wire your limit switches to the 'normally closed' terminal. that way if a wire comes off the machine stops.

3. leversole

leversole Journeyman
    Builder

Switches are NC only...joint is good, dropped a cold blob on at the last minute!

4. snokid

snokid Master
    Staff Member Moderator Builder

if they are NC then if a wire falls off the machine should stop when that happens.....
    Wire off = open contact.

5. leversole

leversole Journeyman
    Builder

The machine will only stop if the switches are set for Homing + Limits...If set for homing only, loose wire does nothing, until you try to home the machine and it it crashes