Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Limit switches and negative coordinates with TinyG.

Discussion in 'CNC Mills/Routers' started by Michael Warchut, Oct 18, 2015.

1. Michael Warchut

Builder

Happy Sunday

So I decided I wanted to put some homing switches on my OX CNC. I put one on the front of the frame for the Y axis. The switch works but Im not sure the front even though the tinyg documentation says it should be is the right place. When I tell it to home Y it always heads to the back of the machine. I tried swapping the motor polarities in the firmware wondering if that controlled what direction it would home in but no dice. It still wants to go to the back. Also when I place it 0 and them job it back it starts to give me negative coordinates instead of positive ones. What am I missing here?

TIA

Michael

2. David the swarfer

David the swarfer OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

3. Michael Warchut

Builder

Thanks David.. It turns out my problem went even deeper than that. Ultimately with the help of the folks over at Synthetos we got it sorted out. Steps to fix it were:

1. Upgrade to latest firmware
    2. Do a wipe of the config $defa=1
    3. Reconfigure from a terminal software. Not Chilipeppr's config. It seems CP's config is severely broken right now.

After doing that it started working correctly.

David the swarfer likes this.