Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

limit switch issue, but only when homing

Discussion in 'General Electronics' started by Joshuagr8_intx, May 19, 2021.

1. Joshuagr8_intx

Builder

Just put together my leed 1010, works fine jogs around correctly, all the limit switchs work when doing this. Using the default 1010 settings

Im trying the hello world activity, and I get tot he homing step, the z works fine, but the y just slams into the front continuing to try to move forward even though the switch is triggered.

I stopped it verified the switch worked with a manual jog, tried homing again, same thing. Im super new to this so not sure where to go from here.

2. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

X an y wiring swopped?

Use the Troubleshooting tab

sharmstr likes this.
  3. Joshuagr8_intx

Builder

nope like I said I can jog it fine, I can jog it into all three limit switches and they work, set it to home process, z works fine, and they y just ignores it and keeps going

4. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

Yes, but did you actually check what we mentioned. Using the Troubleshooting tab as mentioned, not your jogging test... Because, that is usually the cause of what you see...

Hard Limits are checked all at once. (thus why it alarms when you jog) but homing checks each switch on its own because X and Y are moving at the same time, and it needs to know which has reached the switch yet.

Thus if you plugged your X switch into the Y port, and X hits the switch it keeps moving because nothing hit the "y switch that is in the X port" yet.

The two are very different, thus your Jogging = alarm test is irrelevant.

Press the X switch, watch the Troubleshooting tab. Does X or Y light up?

sharmstr likes this.