Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Lead 1510

Discussion in 'CNC Mills/Routers' started by Paul Mitchener, Nov 25, 2021.

1. Paul Mitchener

Builder

Paul Mitchener published a new build:

Read more about this build...

2. Allistar

Allistar New
    Builder

Hi Paul,
    I'm interested in how you got the auto squaring working. I have the Lead1515 and use the XPro V5 and CNCjs. At the moment I have one limit switch per axis. I'm keen to get auto squaring working on the Y axis. I thought this required changes to the firmware and for the upstream grbl code to be modified to support this. How have you got this working?

Thanks,
    Allistar.

3. Paul Mitchener

Builder

Hi @Allistar,

As directed by SparkConcepts via their GitHub Issues page, I needed to re-compile the firmware. Only trouble is, after a re-compile the Auto-Squaring is working, but I am getting an error on the controller causing the controller to continually reset after initiating an M3 command to start the spindle.

This GitHub issue explains what to change in the src files to re-compile and enable Y2 limit switch.
    Y2 Limit Switch not registering · Issue #85 · Spark-Concepts/xPro-V5

Follow the above thread and the below OpenBuilds forum thread to see how I fix the spindle issue (PS. this is a work in progress, it's currently un-resolved)
    xPro v5 kernel panic after firmware compile