Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Lead 1010 - problem with Control software

Discussion in 'OpenBuilds Forum Help' started by Thomas C Kelly, Apr 18, 2020.

1. Thomas C Kelly

Builder

HP Laptop with Windows 10 Home version; when I load Control it opens but will not download program permanently on computer, each time I open I have to answer all questions again and causes multiple downloads to be on computer. I can get it to open, but when I install drivers I get "restart GRBL", and then CAM software will not connect to transfer GCode. Any suggestions? Also, how do I put FTDI into Open Builds? Have shortcut of zip file on desktop, but don't know how to make it useful within Open Builds program.
    Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Thomas Kelly

2. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

This doesn't make a lot of sense,
    1) download the OpenBuilds CONTROL installer exe from software.openbuilds.com
    2) run and install it
    3) done

CAM asks you to setup, not CONTROL, are you confusing the two by any chance?
    If its asking everytime you go to cam.openbuilds.com, then you are forgetting to click Save at the bottom, or you are using a bad browser (use latest Chrome or Firefox please)

Explain this part, maybe with pictures? Above I thought maybe you are referring to CAM (as it asks you got setup info to know what flavour of Gcode to generate) but CAM doesnt generate downloads...

Not sure here either, download and install the drivers first (so the hardware is setup) if you have a BlackBox: refer to OpenBuilds BlackBox 4X Documentation and OpenBuilds BlackBox 4X Documentation

FTDI is Drivers for your operating system, not for control. Drivers make the OS talk to Hardware

Maybe, watch the videos

Software setup: The software setup starts at 56minutes into the video

CAM+CONTROL: