Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

LaseWeb v2 Testing rig

Discussion in 'Laser Cutters' started by Anthony Bolgar, May 30, 2016.

1. Anthony Bolgar

Anthony Bolgar Journeyman
    Builder

#1 Anthony Bolgar, May 30, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2017
  2. Mark Carew

Mark Carew OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

Great to see the Build here @Anthony Bolgar looking forward to your following along. :thumbsup:

3. Anthony Bolgar

Builder

I have started compiling a manual that will have spec sheets for all the parts that need them (Obviously not going to list specs of brackets, eccentric spacers etc.) I will convert my various file formats of these docs into PDF's and post them as the build goes on. I hope to be able to keep a very detailed log of the build process to share with everyone. That should be the easy part, I am used to writing technical documents, usually for other peoples projects, so writing up one of my own projects should be easier (I hope!). Once the build is complete, the different controllers will be documented on my Google+ page

#3 Anthony Bolgar, Jun 6, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2017
    silopolis likes this.
  4. Anthony Bolgar

Builder

SO I already have over 100 pages of documentation and I haven't even started the build yet. :)

5. Anthony Bolgar

Builder

Started building a torsion box table for the L'FOX to sit on. Spent 2 hours creating an absolutly level and true platform to start building on.

6. Ronald van Arkel

Staff Member Builder Resident Builder

Hello @Anthony Bolgar,

Thank you for posting the video, I lost it some time ago as it's very useful to show it to fellow builders.

Now, you won't be able to use the T-nut and M5 screw to fasten the end of the belt unless you keep the "glued" belt about an inch or 25mm from the end of the V-Slot/C-Beam. I might be writing something you already know but this information can be helpful for other people as well ;).

Keep up the good work!

-Ronald

7. Anthony Bolgar

Builder

I have decided to change the controller from a smoothieboard to an arduino UNO running the estlcam 9 firmware. I really like the ease of use of estlcam, as well as the ability to add an Xbox controller as a pendant. It is really well written software, and is feature rich.