Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Laser did not turn off and on after reflash

Discussion in 'Laser Cutters' started by Roberto Alvarez, Dec 3, 2019.

1. Roberto Alvarez

Builder

Hi, i was using a laser CNC ( Eleks Maker ) to cut vinyl as I build it to 4 ft x 8 ft, my first problem was the difference in size from the drawing to the table, i was able to adjust this in the steps/mm and was fine using GBRL LASER . to cut any shape on plastics, but today i open Engrave Master and follow the instructions to engrave
    and was perfect ( i reflash the Arduino Uno )
    And now the laser is on all the time after the connection is established, when draw do not turn off the laser, after each change, now reduce the intensity ( but leave a mark )
    I try to find the original firmware was 22 lines ( as I was able to copy the code when was adjusting the speed and size)
    looks to me, like engrave master firmware is designed for that, but I am cutting using GRBL LASER ( 1/2 watt diode laser )
    I open the bachinmaker page as I bought the 3 axis board and load that firmware and I have to disconnect the laser ( 2 wires ) to make it move ( no, no laser on in this other board, )

I think, engrave master reflash the unit, and now I can't find a version ends on $22 , the first 3 lines was the steep for x,y,z, the actual code is very different.

will appreciate any help, will upgrade the laser to cut 1/16 plastics like polycarbonate or Plexiglas, i am using it to cut decals from vinyl.
    to be clear,ENGRAVE FINE , BUT WHEN I TRY TO CUT LEAVE A THIN MARK NO TURN OFF, THIS HAPPENF AFTER THE REFLASH ON THE BACHINMAKER SITE.