Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

LAPTOP

Discussion in 'General Talk' started by 25ksuburban990, Mar 14, 2018.

1. 25ksuburban990

Builder

Hello, just got to two small complete cnc machine from a yard sell, I now have a total of three but only have one laptop, can I take my laptop off one an hook it to another machine or do I have got more laptops

2. Anthony Bolgar

Anthony Bolgar Journeyman
    Builder

Should not be an issue.

3. 25ksuburban990

Builder

4. jeffmorris

jeffmorris Journeyman
    Builder

WAIT! If you have different CNC machines, they must have their own profiles in the software that operate them. Mach3 software allows you to have different profiles and launch the software with correct profile by using shortcuts. I don't know if software that operate machines that use GRBL code can be set up that way.

5. Giarc

Giarc OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

Some of the GRBL controllers can have different set-ups that can be saved. However, GRBL panel should be able to be taken from machine to machine, because the machine settings (steps/mm, etc...) are stored in the arduino board. I used my laptop on both my CNC router (screw driven) and while testing the motors on my soon to be completed belt-driven laser cutter.