Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Kress ATC

Discussion in 'CNC Mills/Routers' started by tparsons, Feb 9, 2018.

1. tparsons

tparsons New
    Builder

2. tparsons

tparsons New
    Builder

Image of the "Kress FME-W 230V | automatic toolchanger with external speed control"
    [​IMG]

3. tparsons

tparsons New
    Builder

I also find it weird that they sell Kress routers with external speed control, which don't even feature on Kress's own website. Is there a chance this is actually a full Kress system with ATC?

4. tparsons

tparsons New
    Builder

So contacted both sorotec and kress- turns out it is a genuine kress product. So an auto tool change model for under 1k euros. Including speed control and the motor itself.

Seems a good deal. From what I can gather people are generally happy with their kress routers?

On the flip side, kress inform me that they are going bankrupt (formally at the end of March) and that their milling machine motors decision is being made into a different brand.

5. Rick 2.0

Rick 2.0 OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

Sad to hear about Kress. I found another source based on an article found here. That source also had another system listed but it was only based on 300W 52mm systems. (That one did leave me wondering how hackable it might be though for integration into larger systems.)