Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Keeps disconnecting from Xpro V5

Discussion in 'OpenBuilds Bug Report' started by Eric Lapointe, May 14, 2021.

1. Eric Lapointe

Builder

Until recently I have been able to run jobs upwards of 5 hours no problem.

Lately, openbuilds keeps disconnecting from my Xpro V5 USB and I need to keep reconnecting.

Every once in awhile when i reconnect it continues to run as if it never stopped (seemed to only do that before i set up my soft limits). But most the times i need to restart the whole Gcode and end up cutting air until it catches up to where it was.

I have also just recently hooked up my dust collector to the machine. But not sure if that is just a coincidence or a part of the problem.

Any ideas?

2. Alex Chambers

Alex Chambers Master
    Moderator Builder

Dust collector could well be part of the problem - have you earthed the extractor hose? If not run a length of bare copper wire along the inside of the hose and connect it to mains earth at the vacuum end. Air and dust rushing past the plastic of the hose can build up enormous amounts of static.
    Alex.

3. Eric Lapointe

Builder

Thanks Alex, ill give that a try. Its a new run to the cnc from the main trunk of my dust collection setup. I have yet to ground that section so I will get to it and see if it rectifies the problem.

4. Eric Lapointe

Builder

Problem seems to be rectified after grounding the dust collection branch to the CNC.

Thank you for your help

Alex Chambers likes this.