Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Job Opportunity - Expanding C Beam XL Design

Discussion in 'CNC Mills/Routers' started by Edward88, May 11, 2017.

1. Edward88

Edward88 New
    Builder

Hello OpenBuilds Community

I am very new here but would like to share a proposal.

I work for a small furniture manufacturer in east London called Unto This Last. We currently use two large, commercial 8x4 CNC machines in the production of our furniture. We are very interested in the idea of using a number of smaller, simpler machines, instead of or in conjunction with what we already have. The purpose being to scale down the production in the physical sense - less 8x4 and more 2x4. To operate at a more 'human scale' where material can be easily manoeuvred and worked on by one person and 'built-up' into larger products rather than 'cut-down' from large material.

We have been looking around at smaller, simpler machines and like the look of the C Beam XL and the rigidity offered by its fixed gantry. The problem is it is a bit too small for our needs. Though there are some of our products that we could try it out on, something more along the lines of 1220mm x 610mm would open up a lot more potential applications.

I understand already that issues arise here in regards to the length of acme lead screws available, as well as no doubt other problems.

We are hoping there is somebody based in the south east of the UK already experienced in similar builds who would be able to work with us on developing a CNC mill suited to our production needs. We are very happy to discuss fees etc.

Please feel free to contact me at [email protected]

Thanks,

Edward

2. THE LINK

THE LINK New
    Builder

Emailed.
    PM me please.
    I did just write something but reread. Im send it you un edited. Youl laugh but if still avaiable PM me.