Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Is there an "all in one" download for parts in SketchUp?

Discussion in 'General Talk' started by Dean Suominen, Jun 4, 2017.

1. Dean Suominen

Builder

I was hoping there was a complete library download for all OPENBUILDS parts for SketchUP instead of clicking each item. Is there?

2. Dean Suominen

Builder

150MB for the whole thing in an archive

3. David the swarfer

David the swarfer OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

might be helpful if you told everyone where you found this?

4. Giarc

Giarc OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

I believe they are all available in Sketchup. Go to Window, select 3D Warehouse then type Openbuilds into the search bar. Then download it into your model.

5. Steven Dorst

Builder

Right now they are in the 3D warehouse as individual models. I'm working on the linear extrusions (V-Slot and C-Channel) to get them into a single downloadable file containing 6 components, each of which is only allowed to grow/shrink (in your model) in length while extrusion cross section remains constant - and correct!

The SketchUp 3D warehouse just added a feature: you can download individual components that are contained within a model file. I'm doing this more as an exercise in creating good SketchUp component collections - with related items contained in the same model - than I am to model OpenBuild parts. So I doubt I'll go on to do other classes of OpenBuilds parts. But I'd be happy to help out anyone else who wants to do the sort of thing that I (will have) done for the linear extrusions!

And I'll add a link here to my model on the 3D warehouse - once I finish it!

GrayUK likes this.
  6. Dean Suominen

Builder

I didnt find an "all in one" archive file, the 150MB is the size of all the files I downloaded 1 at a time on my hard drive.. I would be more than happy to build the archive if you want.

*edit*
    Here is all of the OPENBUILDS 3D models for SketchUP in a single archive. I used WinRAR, but I am sure Windows or 7zip should be able to open the archive.

Attached Files:

#6 Dean Suominen, Jun 5, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2017