Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Interface Power Issue

Discussion in 'Interfaces' started by Kay Stijnenbosch, Feb 25, 2024.

1. Kay Stijnenbosch

Builder

Hello there,

maybe there is someone who can help me with the power issue I'm having with my interface.

It all seems to be pointing to a faulty 5V power regulator, as i was reading the forums.

I can't recall how it all started, but after a few months of not having used my lead 1515 (because of a mechanical irregularity I'm still trying to figure out) I powered up the system and the interface wasn't working anymore.

It is working via USB though. I did check for a faulty pin or broken cable, but all four pins and cables are still good.

Is there anything I can do to replace/ fix the 5V regulator on the blackbox ('normal' version) board or is there maybe a fuse that's popped and can be replaced.

Please let me know if you have any ideas or maybe already fixed a similar problem, thanks!

P.S.
    I did have touch issues before this happened, don't have any e.m.i. from machines or anything. Do recall that if I grounded/ grabbed myself to the table (where the power supply and blackbox are also grounded to (plug and wall socked are also grounded)) It did work alright or at least much better.

#1 Kay Stijnenbosch, Feb 25, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2024
  2. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

If the Blackbox regulator was damaged, you would have to replace the Blackbox. Do recheck all wiring - what killed that one could still kill a replacement if not fixed. V+ to GND short or24v psu surge most likely