Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Installed Openbuilds Interface controller and Y2 stopped responding.

Discussion in 'OpenBuilds Forum Help' started by WOPR73, Nov 21, 2021.

1. WOPR73

WOPR73 New
    Builder

I started to work on getting this LEAD 1515 up and working finally. I decided to add the Interface controller to the machine following the Blackbox v2.7. Have the Jumpers set exactly as shown in the pictures and put it back together and now I can only move Y1 motor, Y2 does not move. Power off and switch the Y1 with Y2 and then power up. Now Y1 will not move, but Y2 will. Is there something I am missing? All other axis work correctly when using the Interface controller. I even had v1.47 firmware installed.

Side Note: USB Card is not detected on startup. Its hit or miss on every bootup/restart. Using Fat32 7.48 / 1.36 used. v1.47 bin file is located on the usb. But, USB cant be located.

Side Note2: WiFi is showing wrong ip address block. restart and also hit or miss if it finds the network correctly? Keeps defaulting to 192.168.4.1 Interface-003067.

Attached Files:

2. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

Please contact the store for both issues via Support and they will happily assist with replacements :)

That means it is not connected to your Wifi, its running as an Access Point and 192.168.4.1 is its own IP. Probably means wifi signal where you are is a bit weak

WOPR73 likes this.
  3. WOPR73

WOPR73 New
    Builder

I’ve contacted support via the store. Waiting for response. Unifi Wi-Fi is right above it 15’. Shouldn’t be that. If it were 168.192.0.1 or 127.0.0.1 I could see it being a signal issue. But, there are zero open Wi-Fi near my house. So, login else where shouldn’t be an option either. Just want this to work for once. Been learning the VCarve pro lessons the last few weeks just getting ready to buy it and get started in using this for once now that I have time. Given I may still need to trouble shoot that EMI issue from before.

4. Peter Van Der Walt

When Interface doesn't connect to your Wifi (Passphrase, mac filter, signal, 802.11bg vs others, etc) it falls back and runs as an access point. It has its own DHCP server in the range 192.168.4.0/24 and its own IP is then 192.168.4.1
    Once it connects to your Wifi, it switches from Access Point to Station mode (Wifi client) and turn into a DHCP client (gettings its IP from your network).

Signal was mentioned as the most likely cause (people usually have wifi router in the house and hope to get signal out in the garage) but if you know its close by, then proceed to look elsewhere, for example, the logs on the Ubiquity... It'll tell you why the client failed to connect

They will: Monday to Friday standard office hours

WOPR73 likes this.
  5. WOPR73

WOPR73 New
    Builder

Sweet! I just received a package that was sent from the store. It had a 1.5v Interface Controller inside. Very nicely built. it seems more solid that the version I had. It also beeps and vibrates when using. Wifi setup and firmware upgrade works flawlessly. USB detected every time. Rock solid! Very happy with the replacement. BUT!?! It only fixed 2 out of 3 issues. I'm still unable to jog one of the Y motors to work. I can switch them around and get that side to jog...But, its always the same port that is not responding. Is one of the jumper settings causing issues with this? Can I reset the BlackBox back to factory with jumpers and settings to see if I can get to work correctly as it did before adding the Interface Controller? Will that help? Or do I need to have that replaced as well?

Attached Files:

#5 WOPR73, Nov 24, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2021
  6. Peter Van Der Walt

The older ones did too, Tools and Util menu > Interface Config > You can turn beeps, vibrations on/off, set brightness, etc :)

PS: I did mention Replacements (ie plural, BlackBox and Interface), did you phrase the message to the store that you needed both a BlackBox and an Interface? Or if they misread. Please do reply back and include link to this thread, and asking for a replacement "Muscleboard or BlackBox" to fix the driver issue :)

WOPR73 likes this.
  7. WOPR73

WOPR73 New
    Builder

Yeah, This is going to be confusing... But the 1515 CNC was a gift and order by family member. So, when contacting them via support store and using the order for the interface controller I put the ticket info in the support ticket. But, my CNC is not linked to my account, but to my family members account or guest account. I will have to contact them to see how it was purchased and if I can login was them to put in a ticket for store/support that was to prove its legitimacy of ownership. Then I hope that will get the ball rolling on the "BlackBox" itself. I am sure this is due to the lack of my clarity of the issue and the fact that my account doesn't show that I bought a CNC from open builds. Which I wouldn't send me a replacement BlackBox either without proof of ownership. So, my fault all around. I will try to resolve this issue. Thank you.

#7 WOPR73, Nov 24, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2021
  8. Peter Van Der Walt

If you include some pics of the old one, they will probably sort you out without more proof of ownership :) - OpenBuilds prides itself on no fuss warranty and service

Happy Thanksgiving!

WOPR73 likes this.
  9. WOPR73

WOPR73 New
    Builder

Thanks! I sent them another support ticket with the LEAD CNC 1515 order number and also my personal info and family members info which was on the invoice. I really wish we could edit those support tickets... my failure to pay attention in English class is becoming very apparent in my support/forums posts. ;)

10. WOPR73

WOPR73 New
    Builder

It’s alive!!! Fully functional! Thank you for all your help. The Interface replacement fixed my Wi-Fi / USB issues and replacement of the Blackbox fixed my Y1 and Y2 motors not jogging together! Openbuilds support was perfect! Shipping was here in like 2-3 days!!! It’s nice that v2.10 doesn’t require you to play with jumpers when using an Interface. Now I just need to verify everything is square and tram is true.

Attached Files:

11. Peter Van Der Walt

Glad you are sorted! Thanks for the compliments - passed it on to for you so they can let the teams know :)

WOPR73 likes this.