Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

How to attach the spindle mount to the ox cnc?

Discussion in 'CNC Mills/Routers' started by DarkPenguin, Apr 24, 2018.

1. DarkPenguin

DarkPenguin Well-Known
    Builder

So I bought the OpenBuilds spindle mount and I need to connect it to the z axis of my Chinese Ooznest Ox knockoff. (Ripoff, actually.)

Looking at this ...

Router/Spindle Mount

[​IMG]
    I see what appears to be a 3 hole plate of some sort. Is that plate this ...

3 Hole Joining Strip Plate

[​IMG]

So I would mount with those as a shim? Or just mount directly to the 6020? I can imagine some benefit to having the shims there. I can imagine a lot of things.

Also the two inner holes on the horizontal surface appear to be my attachment point. These are untapped and appear to be about m4.

Things I could do:
    1. I could run a single long m4 through and attach angle corner connectors from the top a and bottom and run the m4 screw through and attach those to the z.
    2. I could try tapping the hole to m5 halfway from the top and halfway from the bottom and then mount with m5 screws top and bottom.angle corner connectors.
    3. I could do something else?
    I don't like 1 because m4.
    I don't like 2 because I'm not sure there is enough meat there. And I don't know how many threads I need to get in there for the screw to be properly held.
    Only other thing I can think of is to tap it to m5 and try to put a nut at the bottom. Not sure there is the space to actually tighten a nut.

Thoughts?