Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

HOUSTON (well you kinda know how this goes)

Discussion in 'CNC Mills/Routers' started by Colin Mccourt, Jun 30, 2019.

1. Colin Mccourt

Colin Mccourt Journeyman
    Builder

OK, Guys, I haven't been using my Workbee as much as I would have liked of late...I nearly almost forgot my laptop password (yes its been a while).
    Anyhow, I switched everything on as I would normally have done and performed Home All Axis (Duet Controller Board). Bit of a rough sound comming from one of the axis and heading off in the wrong direction (X). I homed Y and it is fine as is Z....X being the problem...pressing -10 a few times saw it go either in one direction or the other. Then I eventually got it to go to where it's supposed to be when homed but an on screen alert was issued which read as followed.

WARNING
    Motor Phase B may be disconnected reported by drivers (0)

Obviously "Homing" failed, at least for the X axis only. once it hit the limit switch at the far beam it came back to where it should be..this shouldn't be happening. Things were working fine when I left it a couple of weeks ago.
    I have to say that during this failed session the internet connection was listed a limited (again shouldn't be happening as its set up as an access point) but I can rule this out after gaining a solid connection the problem still persisted.

Not what I actually wanted on a day like today when I wanted to go to the machine and mill something, problem being with my time away I have taken my eye off the ball so to speak and forgotten most of the learning curve I had previously acquired....

Can any kind soul help me out here, it would be very much appreciated.
    I probably wont be able to get to work on this today but a few pointers on how to rectify this annomally would help greatly
    Regards
    C

2. Alex Chambers

Alex Chambers Master
    Moderator Builder

Your warning has told you the answer @Colin Mccourt - there is a dodgy connection to your X axis stepper - check plugs and then (dare I say it) crimps!
    Alex. :banghead::banghead:

3. Colin Mccourt

Colin Mccourt Journeyman
    Builder

@Alex Chambers that was the exact thing I didn't want to hear...Lots of loud swearing to be heard ..but now you mention it, the machine is performing (non-functioning) exactly like it did under the build...Not a happy bunny right now:mad: I'll roll up the sleeves tomorrow perhaps or once this back is better, It will also give me a chance to re-do the eccentric spacers...Now which bloomin plug was X plugged into... Death to the Gremlins is what I say
    Thanks Alex
    Regards
    C

#3 Colin Mccourt, Jun 30, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2019
    GrayUK likes this.