Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Homing Fail

Discussion in 'Other Builds' started by AREA, Aug 6, 2021.

1. AREA

AREA New
    Builder

Hello,

I have a 60X40 (1510) ACRO system and I am following the Open Builds youtube video for 'electronics and software using BlackBox'. I followed the steps, can move in the X and Y directions, and can detect the X and Y limit switches however, when I select 'Home All' I keep getting 'Alarm: 9 - Homing Fail. Could not find limit switch within search distance. Defined as 1.5 * max_travel on search and 5* on locate phases. [ $H ]' as per the attached image.

Attached Files:

2. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

Make sure you have loaded the Acro 1510 profile from CONTROL - it sets the Max Travel distance (how far to go looking for the switches, and also the soft-limits envelope) - as mentioned in the error message itself

Also make sure your calibration is correct (moving 100mm actually moves 100mm? - if not, Wizards and Tools > Calibration menu)
    And make sure its moving the correct directions (X+ toward right, Y+ toward the back of the machine)

3. AREA

AREA New
    Builder

Yes, I have the ACRO 1510 profile loaded in the OpenBuildsCONTROL software and I have done the calibration for X and Y. I am located on the motor side of the system and at this location X+ is moving left and Y+ is moving forward / towards me. Should I be editing the ACRO 1510 profile settings? Please see the attached photo of the system and screenshots of the current settings. Thank you for your help!

Attached Files:

• IMG_8763.jpg
      IMG_8763.jpg
      File size:
      109.3 KB
      Views:
    • 1.png
      1.png
      File size:
      192.8 KB
      Views:
    • 2.png
      2.png
      File size:
      190.4 KB
      Views:
    • 3.png
      3.png
      File size:
      196.9 KB
      Views:
    • 4.png
      4.png
      File size:
      200 KB
      Views:
    • 5.png
      5.png
      File size:
      197.1 KB
      Views:
    • 6.png
      6.png
      File size:
      201.1 KB
      Views:
    • 7.png
      7.png
      File size:
      199 KB
      Views:
  4. Peter Van Der Walt

Y+ should go to the back, so you have to flip the switch under $3 Direction invert for Y

Ps screenshot of settings is hard to read. Use the Backup Settings button provided on the toolbar at the top - gives a nice text file you can copy/paste from

5. AREA

AREA New
    Builder

Thank you, it worked! Looking forward to many projects!

Peter Van Der Walt likes this.
  6. Will Nelson

Builder

Hi there! I'm a new owner of an Acro 1515 and have the same error message as this user originally did. I loaded up the default Acro1515 settings and have calibrated the movement of the machine. Attached are my current settings. I had to reverse the #3 mask to get the X+ moving to the right. Y+ moves to the back of the machine as expected. When I press the Home All, I don't hear any motors activate or trigger at all before the error message appears. What should I try/do?

Attached Files:

7. Giarc

Giarc OpenBuilds Team

Did you set the machine up as a two axis (no Z) machine? When homing it always seeks the Z first. If after trying for a period of time, you will get the error because the machine can't find Z. I do not have an Blackbox connected to this computer so I can not confirm this, but it may be the problem.

Peter Van Der Walt likes this.
  8. Peter Van Der Walt

Yours still has $44=4 (Z first) before XY at $45.

IMG_20231222_143326.jpg

Our ACRO profile in CONTROL would have set it for you. Make sure your CONTROL is up to date

9. Will Nelson

Builder

That worked! Thank you so much.

My controller is OpenBuilds CONTROL v1.0.370, and I loaded the OpenBuilds Acro 1515 machine profile.

Giarc likes this.