Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Help w/Universal G-code Sender and Fusion 360

Discussion in 'General Talk' started by lemonyx, Sep 4, 2017.

1. lemonyx

lemonyx New
    Builder

I went here http://winder.github.io/ugs_website/d... to download the nightly build 2.0 of Universal G-code sender, I have Fusion 360 installed already and have been playing with it and trying to learn it. I watched Patrick Rainsberry youtube Universal Gcode Sender Plugin for Fusion 360 and just noticed that I forgot this plug-in, get the Plugin here: GitHub - tapnair/UGS_Fusion: Fusion 360 Universal Gcode Sender Plugin. Can someone tell me what folder I am suppose to install everything it in? And do I just extract it? The 2.0 nightly build is already installed but couldn't figure out the rest.

tia

2. David the swarfer

David the swarfer OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

how about just reading the link on the page you gave? the bit where it says:
    First see How to install sample Add-Ins and Scripts

3. lemonyx

lemonyx New
    Builder

Yep saw that too. Followed it, added two folders one for Add-ins and the other Script. addins.jpg

parameter python.jpg
    this is in the parameter python folder
    fusion master.jpg
    and this is in the other folder

I dont write soft ware but just a decent PC hacker

Still doesn't show up in Fusion

4. Wilkotron

Wilkotron New
    Builder

Hi did you get any further with this? I've spent all afternoon trying to get the addin to appear in fusion 360 with no joy.

I keep getting an error message on fusion 360 start up. From what I can make out it's looking for a resource it can't find. I can't work out what files need to be where though.

Any help gratefully received I'm sure it's something simple I'm missing...

5. Wilkotron

Wilkotron New
    Builder

OK so I've worked out how to do it... thanks for the tough love guys it worked.

When you download the zip file from Git Hub extract it to the Users/blah blah blah/Autodesk/Autodesk fusion 360/Api/Addin folder then, keeping everything the same. and in the same relationship to each other just rename the folder that is called "UGS_Fusion-master" as "UGS_Fusion" just knock the -master from the folder name and robert should be your mother's brother.

GrayUK and David the swarfer like this.