Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

HAPP Printer

Discussion in '3D printers' started by Andy Braham, Nov 6, 2015.

1. Andy Braham

Builder

Andy Braham published a new build:

Read more about this build...

2. Wip

Wip Well-Known
    Builder

Will be watching this one.

Any more info available yet?

What dos HAPP mean?

3. Andy Braham

Builder

Thanks for the interest, I am just now creating the last of the Machining Drawings now, I am wanting to have those up within a couple of weeks. I didn't want to post a bunch of Drawings that might have to be revised right after building the first machine. I have just about received everything that I had to order and just starting to Machine Parts.
    HAPP stands for High Accuracy and Precision Positioning. I have designed this particular printer to have both a large printing area along with a very rigid setup that will enable me to hold tight tolerances. I am also using the RepRap Marlin Firmware as a starting point but making some changes to how it performs. I am using Stepper Motors but adding a Feedback Loop to eliminate any inaccurate positioning and updating how the look ahead handles the feed rates. There are some other changes that I will list eventually after I get this first machine made.

Andy

4. Tiddy427

Tiddy427 New
    Builder

Any further updates?! Looking to build a second machine and this looks awesome, have been looking for something like this!! Thanks in advance...

5. Steven Bloom

Steven Bloom Veteran
    Builder

What will the build envelope be for your printer? ?