Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

GUI Issue with OpenBuilds CONTROL Linux (DEB) v1.0.246

Discussion in 'OpenBuilds Bug Report' started by rscamp, Sep 7, 2020.

1. rscamp

rscamp Well-Known
    Builder

The GUI window cannot be manipulated without distorting the window and losing mouse control in this version. I can't speak for other intermediate versions - in this case I updated from v1.0.234.

The GUI works fine again after returning to v1.0.234.

The first image shows what happens when trying to maximize the window. The second image shows what happens when trying to resize the window with the mouse.

Attached Files:

2. rscamp

rscamp Well-Known
    Builder

I also notice v1.0.246 is not retaining the set probe plate thickness. It always reverts to 20mm.

3. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

1.0.234 is quite old - see OpenBuilds/OpenBuilds-CONTROL, in between there were a lot of changes, so hard to track down exactly what. But nothing majorly obvious pops out from the Changelog that could cause it. Rest of the distro up to date? We tend to keep the depencies (node, electron, etc) updated, but if they depend on something else on the system, it could relate. apt-get upgrade?

That got fixed in V1.0.238 and up see Custom probe plate thickness setting reverts to 20mm on restart · Issue #132 · OpenBuilds/OpenBuilds-CONTROL

4. rscamp

rscamp Well-Known
    Builder

Thanks for the reply, Peter.

I just updated the Linux distro but it didn't make a difference. It is very odd. Once I have tried to do anything at all with window sizing, the OpenBuilds CONTROL window gets scrambled in one way or another and becomes totally unresponsive to mouse commands.

I actually wasn't getting v1.0.246 to show that it was updating the set probe plate thickness (always reverts to 20mm the next time Probe is selected) but I think it actually was updating under the hood because after restarting the program it remembered the setting. Maybe this is also related to the GUI display problem...

To update OpenBuilds CONTROL I'm downloading and running the file OpenBuildsCONTROL_1.0.246_amd64.deb. Could I be doing something wrong? I'm not a Linux whiz - I'm only using Linux because the ASUS PC I'm using isn't fully compatible with Win10 (motherboard issue).

5. Peter Van Der Walt

That incompatibility with Windows may well play into Linux GPU support as well. More so because Linux graphics drivers are already best effort. (sidenote, i worked for SuSE for 8 years, i earned the right to hate linux lol) so there might be something to it.

Of course you could just minimise the gui, run Chrome and point it at https://127.0.0.1:3000

6. rscamp

rscamp Well-Known
    Builder

Attached Files:

7. Peter Van Der Walt

8. rscamp

rscamp Well-Known
    Builder

Cheers! Sorry I wasn't bright enough to figure that out. :)

Peter Van Der Walt likes this.