Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

GRBL Controller & Universal Gcode Sender

Discussion in 'Other Software' started by bca183, Dec 29, 2014.

1. bca183

bca183 New
    Builder

I just finished building OX build CNC, and am new to the CNC world. I tried using both software and my problems are: Universal Gcode Sender- First: When I jog the motors they move in the right direction, but when I load a test file and run it, the CNC moves to the back right corner and starts from there.
    Second: Using the GRLB Controller - When I try to jog it I get an error undefined feed rate. How do I fix this? What should the GRBL setting be, and is there some information that explains the settings? Last: How do you change mm to inches?

Thank you for any help you can give,
    Bruce

2. Sonny Jeon

Sonny Jeon Well-Known
    Staff Member Moderator Builder

Grbl v0.9 has updated its g-code parser to be more strictly compliant to the g-code standard. Feedrate is technically undefined after a reset. This just means that you need to make sure that feedrate is programmed before the first G1/2/3 motion.

After 6+ months since this post went up, I hope Grbl controller fixed this issue by making sure feedrate is defined by their jogging routine.

Hytech2k and Mark Carew like this.
  3. bca183

bca183 New
    Builder

Just saw this post I will try it
    Thank you
    Bruce