Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

General 3d Printer Information

Discussion in '3D printers' started by Lee Whiteley, Apr 15, 2018.

1. Lee Whiteley

Builder

Hello,

I've been wanting to build a 3d printer for some time now. I've built 3 different CNC routers now and felt that I had enough knowledge to start a 3d build. After looking over several builds here on Openbuilds I see that I have a long ways to go before I can work on the level of these builds.

With that said I decided to build a basic RepRapPro and work my way up from there. I see there are about a zillion ways to get even that done. There is so much information out there that it's just very confusing and difficult to make any kind of educated guess where to start and I can't tell what is considered quality and not quality. I would like to know if anyone here can make the printed parts for me or at least suggest a dependable source.

I really like the simplicity of the RepRapPro and feel that I would get a good start on my education/introduction to the world of 3d printing. My needs initially are just to learn my way around 3d printing and make up some parts that I could use with my hobbies like shooting and woodworking.

It would help me out immensely if I could hear from some of our experts here as they all started somewhere in this quest. Opinions of the RepRapPro would be appreciated. I also am not in the position to spend a lot of money but I can purchase what I need over time and get where I want to be.

Thanks to all who help me out and I'm sure there are others who are in the same boat as I am.

Regards,

Lee