Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

G4 Dwell P value in seconds or milliseconds

Discussion in 'General Talk' started by coxsox, May 15, 2024.

1. coxsox

coxsox New
    Builder

Sorry, have a few questions as I discover and work my way through my new Acro machine...

Q1 - I am using other CAM software to generate my Gcode for various reasons and I thought the G4 dwell was stopping the machine for some reason. Turns out the P value following the G4 is in milliseconds, so in this case 600, so the machine would have sat there for 10 mins before moving on. I could do a find/replace on all values, but is there a setting in the controller to say use milliseconds instead of seconds as this would make it easier.

Q2 - What setting determines the speed of the motors, i.e. how fast the cnc travels ?

Q3 - Is there a way to make the machine move to home faster

Q4 - I saw a post about a failsafe method for the opposite X/Y axis corners, where it was suggested to run additional limit switches in parallel to the existing ones. Is this a simple case of just wiring into the same blackbox connection as the home position limits.

thanks.

#1 coxsox, May 15, 2024
    Last edited: May 15, 2024
  2. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder