Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Fusion 360 Help!

Discussion in 'CAD' started by Joel D, Aug 17, 2022.

1. Joel D

Joel D New
    Builder

I am brand new to CNC and I can't figure out what I am doing wrong.

I am using F360 for CAM / CAD. I loaded the post processer file (.cps file) to the assets like the instructions advised (docs:software:fusion360 [OpenBuilds Documentation]), however the example in step 3. is not an option for me during post processing.

Does anyone know where I am going wrong?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

When I do post process the font in the design and the font in the Openbuilds software appears different.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

Make sure you have enabled Cloud Posts: See How to install a cloud post processor in Fusion 360 | Fusion 360 | Autodesk Knowledge Network

To use cloud post processors in Fusion 360, enable cloud libraries in Preferences:
    1. Access the Preferences dialogue box by [clicking] on the user account in the upper right hand corner of the Fusion 360 window and selecting Preferences.
    2. Select General > Manufacture on the left hand side of the dialogue.
    3. Then [click] the check mark to [Enable Cloud Libraries].
    [​IMG]

It's not a font, its a toolpath. The result you see in the GCODE is the job toolpath you generated.

For text consider V-Carving instead: checkout Vectric: Vectric Products - OpenBuilds Part Store - little easier to use than Fusion for this type of work. V-Carving uses a V-Bit to re-create the sharp corners of fonts

David the swarfer likes this.
  3. Joel D

Joel D New
    Builder

Thank you Peter for your prompt response.

If you reference the first and second photograph in my post, I am showing that the cloud library is enabled and the .cps file is in the CAMPosts folder.

The big difference I can see begins in the "Accessing Cloud Post Processors in Fusion 360". The options given in the instructions are not the same I am seeing.
    PXL_20220818_234148980.jpg

4. David the swarfer

David the swarfer OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

yeah, fusion keeps changing the dialog layouts so publishing instructions rapidly becomes interpretive dance (-:
    personally I don't use the cloud stuff, I just use it as a 'local' post. the cloud stuff is great if you have several computers/users that all need to use the same post file.

Joel D and Peter Van Der Walt like this.