Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

extra tb6600 driver

Discussion in 'OpenBuilds Forum Help' started by 3dwise, Feb 2, 2018.

1. 3dwise

3dwise New
    Builder

hi i have 2 nema 17 motors , the 2 x axis motors are driven by one tb6600 driver , it come like that , it is running hot the 2 motors are rated at 1.7 amps each , the tb6600 is rated at 4 amps , can any one tell me how to wire an extra tb6600 driver in to the wiring , also does the firmware need to be modified , i would much appreciate it if any one can help as i am not a wiring expert , rick

Attached Files:

ARKHAN_74 likes this.
  2. JustinTime

JustinTime Veteran
    Builder

If your motors are running hot than the currant is too high. Set it lower as per the table printed on the driver. Start with 1.7A and if it doesn't drive the two motors you can increase it.
    As for the wiring, google the tb6600 and lots of wiring diagrams will come up. You also can look at the wiring that you already have!

3. 3dwise

3dwise New
    Builder

hi justin thank you for your reply , the motors don't run hot at all , but the tb6600 driver is running hot , i will check for wiring as you have mentioned , thank you

4. Mntlvr

Mntlvr New
    Builder

Hello
    Usually you have two drivers , one for each motor and in your motion controller the two are paired together so that the two motors work in tandem.
    Not sure why they wired two stepper motors to one Driver.