Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

External Driver Help

Discussion in 'Controller Boards' started by evilc66, Jan 17, 2018.

1. evilc66

evilc66 Journeyman
    Builder

I posted this over on the Smoothieware board, but it doesn't seem to have quite the activity as it does here. Anyway, here goes:

This one is stumping me a bit.

I picked up a bunch of SainSmart ST-M5045 drivers a while back and just now got around to getting them installed on my printer. FYI, the printer was working fine with the on board drivers (Smoothieboard V1.0b) before I took it apart to wire in the new drivers. Everything else is working fine. The extruder is still using the on-board driver, and that's working as expected.

The basic problem is that I have no movement from the X, Y, and Z motors.

The motors are wired correctly, and I made sure that the wires for each phase are going to the right pins. All drivers are getting 24v. I have tried common anode and common cathode wiring schemes, and nothing seems to work (I made sure to change the pin settings in the config file to reflect the common anode/cathode state). The only difference between the two is that with the common anode wiring, I get no holding torque, but common cathode has holding torque. I can't enable or disable the motors in either case.

I've tried various current settings, as well as microstepping settings without any success.

Is there anything that I'm overlooking?