Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Estlcam V10

Intuitive CAM software

1. Anthony Bolgar

Builder

Anthony Bolgar submitted a new resource:

Estlcam - Intuitive CAM software

Read more about this resource...

2. Mehadi Saki

Builder

Hi
    I am using Estlcam v10 with Arduino uno and GRBL1.1
    I face some problem. Plz anyone help me.

Problem 1- How to use low power triggered relay for Spindle on/off?

Problem 2- How I use PWM output for spindle? I mean wiring of spindle. Is there need any external PWM hardware? I need more details.

Thanks

3. Christian Knüll

Christian Knüll Journeyman
    Builder

Hello,

are you using GRBL1.1 or Estlcam itself to control the machine?

Relays with low = on input logic are not suitable for this application - you should get the usual high = on types.
    PWM output circuit depends on spindle type.

Christian

4. Giarc

Giarc Master
    Builder

I want to give this program a try. Currently I use GRBL Panel and I like that I can use lots of different CAD programs to generate G-code (Fusion 360, Sketchucam, F-Engrave, etc...) and it runs great in GRBL Panel. If I hit the "Program the Arduino' tab, do I no longer have the ability to use GRBL Panel? Just curious. I noticed there is a "Restore Controller" button. It probably will not be critical since it looks like I can import any .nc file I have made thus far. I am just hesitant to completely get rid of what I have. The thought has crossed my mind to just make the Arduino accessible and pop a spare Atmega chip on, but that seems excessive. ;)

In Estlecam, there are boxes for steps/revolution and Distance per revolution.
    Untitled.jpg
    I have 3/8" - 8 four-start acme precision screws that travel 12.7 mm per revolution (1/2"). . . theoretically. So for 1/8 microstepping 200/12.7 = 15.748 (steps/mm without microstepping) * 8 (micro steps) = 125.984 steps/mm. However, when I calibrated the screw, I came up with 125.735 steps/mm. Or, 15.716875 steps/mm without 1/8 microstepping (125.735/8).

Am I correct in my math when I do the calculation 200/15.716875 = 12.725175965324, or as Estlecam rounds it = 12.73 mm per revolution? I would like to get the settings as accurate as possible. Right now in GRBL Panel I have the following settings:

X axis 125.735 x, steps per mm
    Y axis 125.946 y, steps per mm
    Z axis 125.735 z, steps per mm

Thanks for any help!

-Craig

Attached Files:

5. Gary Caruso

Gary Caruso Master
    Builder

That kind of difference of calculated vs calibrated is typical and fine.
    I've been wanting to try the Estlcam sender myself because i want to try the drag knife feature.
    I just have not been able to get the Estlcam to see my board for some reason? I'm nervous to hit that program too!
    I have not seen a good video on using the drag knife or the sender.

This video is good on arduino setup

#5 Gary Caruso, Oct 29, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2017
  6. Giarc

Giarc Master
    Builder

Thanks.