Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Endstop help please

Discussion in 'Controller Boards' started by Lasersc, Aug 1, 2018.

1. Lasersc

Lasersc New
    Builder

Finishing up on my build and am having problems with my endstops. I can check each individual switch with ohmmeter and they function properly. I have them wired NC as per the many articles I have read. I have attached a couple of pictures and my config file section that covers the endstops.

This is what I am running into via the tests I have preformed. When I send the M119 code, I receive feed back from all 6 endstops showing a value of “0”. I can then send the M119 code and press each individual enststop and it will return a “1”. That being said I assume that all the endstops are working properly.

I am using a Smoothieboard V5xC v1.1 and DQ542MA drivers with endstops all purchased from Openbuilds

The problem I am having is that I can not stop movement by any axis by pressing the end stop switch associated with the movement. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

# Endstops
    endstops_enable true
    #corexy_homing false
    alpha_min_endstop 1.24^
    alpha_max_endstop 1.25^
    alpha_homing_direction home_to_min
    alpha_min 0
    alpha_max 200
    beta_min_endstop 1.26^
    beta_max_endstop 1.27^
    beta_homing_direction home_to_min #
    beta_min 0
    beta_max 200
    gamma_min_endstop 1.28^
    gamma_max_endstop 1.29^
    gamma_homing_direction home_to_max
    gamma_min 0
    gamma_max 200

Attached Files:

2. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

Checkout endstops [Smoothieware] -> Limit Switches
    I don't see the *_limit_enable lines in your config snippet

3. Lasersc

Lasersc New
    Builder

# Optional enable limit switches, actions will stop if any enabled limit switch is triggered

alpha_limit_enable true # Set to true to enable X min and max limit switches

beta_limit_enable true # Set to true to enable Y min and max limit switches

gamma_limit_enable true # Set to true to enable Z min and max limit switches

4. Lasersc

Lasersc New
    Builder

I do have those lines lower in my file. Do I need to move those lines above the ones posted in first post? Everything seems to work correctly with the exception of the board not reacting to the endstops being pressed. I know through the M119 test that the smoothieboard is seeing the endstops being pressed.

5. Peter Van Der Walt

Order in the config file doesn't matter, as long as its there and its not commented out, its ok.
    Limits was added sometime in the last couple months, did you remember to update the firmware? flashing-smoothie-firmware [Smoothieware] (Always be on the latest when you have issues, as issues may already have been fixed)

6. Lasersc

Lasersc New
    Builder

I really appreciate you working with me on this issue. I did upgrade to the firmware that said firmware_cnc.bin not the one that said firmware_cnc_latest.bin. I think through all my reading that I was told not to use the the one with latest in it. Both show to be a couple of months old on website. I do believe it’s been within the month that I did the update. I can try to load again when I get home tonight.

7. John Fisk

John Fisk New
    Builder

I have a Black Box with the three end stop plugs that I am running with Openbuilds Control.

I am plannning 6 proximity endstops for my build. Can I double up the endstops on a single plug?

On the Black box directions for limit switches, what signal is going through the red, blue and black wires?

John

8. Peter Van Der Walt

Depends on the sensors used. On some may need a diode on the signal wires.

Pinouts are labelled directly on the blackbox enclosure you cannot miss it :)