Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Endmill size stays the same no matter what.

Discussion in 'General Talk' started by Salamander, Apr 14, 2024.

1. Salamander

Builder

Does anyone know where the size of the endmill is stored when doing probing operations? I have asked about this in the past and just decided to live with it but now I need to figure it out. When probing and lets say you put in 3mm for the endmill, if you exit the software and come back to probing you will see that the value for the probe size defaults to 6.35mm in my case.

I have uninstalled the software a few times, then re-installed and I was amazed to see that the 6.35mm was still there even though I am not using a 6.35mm endmill. Not sure where the value is stored but using software to uninstall the openbuilds control software and all remnants didn't fix this issue I have been having for years.

Appreciate any help. I do remember when I first started using the software the value of the endmill size was retained whenever you changed endmill size, somewhere somehow something changed and the value always defaults back to 6.35mm for me.

Thanks.

2. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

It doesn't "store" it - as for every toolchange and every job you are supposed to type in how big the endmill / dowel pin you are going to use for this exact operation is. Ideally caliper measurement not what's printed on the box. Its just used for that single probe operation's calculation

3. Salamander

Builder

I wasn't aware that it didn't store the info when the program was closed, I always thought that it did.