Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Eccentric Spacers on C-Beam Linear Actuators

Discussion in 'CNC Mills/Routers' started by jeffmorris, Apr 1, 2018.

1. jeffmorris

jeffmorris Journeyman
    Builder

I wish that I can adjust the Eccentric Spacers on C-Beam Linear Actuators installed on my CNC router without having to take the machine apart.

2. jeffmorris

jeffmorris Journeyman
    Builder

Do I need special wrenches to adjust the Eccentric Spacers inside C-Beams? I tried to use a regular wrench but I can't turn the Eccentric Spacers.

3. Mark Carew

Mark Carew OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

Hello Jeff its so tight in that space (inside the C-Beam) that it would really be difficult to do. We do offer these cool OpenBuilds Spanners but even then its to tight for these unless you have access to the cart. I can tell you the way I do this that helps to speed things up is to move the carriage don closest to one end of the C-Beam End Mount Plate (opposite the motor mounted side) then remove its four screws and the lock collar on the lead screw. At that point you can just use your hand to turn the lead screw and remove the carriage to work on.
    Help this helps

4. Weldsmith

Weldsmith New
    Builder

I bent a 5/16 wrench to access mine. I am not sure this will work on your plates.

5. jeffmorris

jeffmorris Journeyman
    Builder

I tried to open the closed end of a 8mm wrench using a cutoff wheel on a Dremel tool but it's too thick. I may have to order C-Beam® Gantry Plate - XLarge but the C-Beam End Mount Plates are 12mm thick and the C-Beam® Gantry Plate - XLarge are 6mm. I 3D-printed custom plates that combines the C-Beam Gantry Plate and C-Beam End Mount Plate into one plate. I think it's possible to create a plate that combines C-Beam Gantry Plate - XLarge and C-Beam End Mount Plate into one plate but I'm not sure about 3D-printing the plates or make the plates on a CNC milling machine at the Makerplace which I visited this morning for the first time.

6. jeffmorris

jeffmorris Journeyman
    Builder

I had to take my machine apart in order to adjust the Eccentric Spacers. I had to buy an ER11A 5mm Motor Shaft Collet Chuck Tool Holder and some collets to replace the set screw shaft coupler. I used the machine yesterday and today without any problems. Is it possible to weld the C-Beam Gantry Plate and C-Beam End Mount Plate together?