Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Ebay hardware bundle

Discussion in 'CNC Mills/Routers' started by Herman Tekuelve, Feb 27, 2018.

1. Herman Tekuelve

Builder

#1 Herman Tekuelve, Feb 27, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2018
  2. Rick 2.0

Rick 2.0 OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

This is pretty much the wrong place to be asking advice on such a kit. That is a cheap Chinese knock-off of a system that a lot of good people have put a lot of hard work into developing. We don't advocate cheap Chinese knock-offs here. OpenBuilds stands for quality, both proven quality and guaranteed quality. And while OpenBuilds believes strongly in the concept of open source ideas and materials it does not in any way support trademark thieves or questionable quality vendors selling questionable quality materials. So if you do decide to buy from them and find yourself in need of support, contact them not us. (And good luck with that as I doubt they even have a clue about what they're selling.)

MaryD, GrayUK and Peter Van Der Walt like this.
  3. Giarc

Giarc OpenBuilds Team

Wow! Not only did they steal the idea, they stole the pictures from Ooznest. I copyright all my pictures through Smugmug. It got me store credit at a business once when they took a bunch of my outdoorsy photos and used them to promote an event. The funny thing is, if they had asked, I would have let them use them for free. Can this ebay seller be reported to ebay? They are representing their products like they are from Ooznest, or Openbuilds.

Peter Van Der Walt likes this.
  4. Giarc

Giarc OpenBuilds Team

I bet those "extreme V wheels" they say it has are the cheap Chinese knock-offs that crack.

5. Rick 2.0

Rick 2.0 OpenBuilds Team

6. Herman Tekuelve

Builder

I did not mean to offend anyone.

I want to build one just have not decided on what.

I did figure out what it would cost to build a sphinx and was over my budget.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you, Herman

7. Rick 2.0

Rick 2.0 OpenBuilds Team

Oh, don't worry no offense was taken. I hope none was taken in return.

The main question here is what do you plan to use the system for? What specific size are you needing? And to answer these you may need to do some soul searching. Systems designed to do a little of everything generally don't anything all that well. Systems that are grossly over sized on the grounds of "someday I might want to....." wind up physically weaker and far more expensive than necessary. So if you were to narrow it down on most significant uses and reasonably anticipated sizes what would that be?

Another question would be do you have the means to cut or drill your own plates? (i.e. a chop saw with a metal cutting blade, a drill press, etc...) Cutting your own plates can greatly reduce the cost of the project even if merely cutting a starter set to get the mill built so a final set can be cut.

8. Herman Tekuelve

Builder

Rick 2.0,

you make sense I could make my own plates. I also need to think about what I really want to do with it.

thank you, Herman

9. Lusiba

Lusiba New
    Builder

Dear Team, kindly send me a proper email address where i can order, i will be paying via T/T

10. Rick 2.0

Rick 2.0 OpenBuilds Team