Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

DXF to G-Code Converter

Discussion in 'General Talk' started by Nitehawkhp, Nov 12, 2019.

1. Nitehawkhp

Builder

Now that I have mostly finished with my Lead 1010 machine, I've started my quest for software to create my ever increasing projects I wish to create.

Project Development Software:

As for drawing the project, I have used two different professional software packages. The first is BobCAD-CAM V29 and the second is TurboCAD Pro Platinum 2019. Just plain and simple, I'm not real proficient in BobCAD, and therefore do not use it very much. I'm much better with TurboCAD and have designed nearly all of my projects using this software. My plan is to continue to use TurboCAD for the project design.

Conversion from DXF to G-Code:

The conversion from DXF to G-Code is an area where I need direction. If anyone out there has any recommendations on software that will make this conversion, I need your help!

The software I’ve used in the past was all DOS-based and I am looking for software that will run in a Windows environment. Anyone with recommendations, I would appreciate any direction you can provide me.

Milling software:

At This Point, my intent is to use the OpenBuilds CONTROL software to perform the actual milling on my LEAD 1010.

I accept any and all suggestions!

2. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

3. Giarc

Giarc OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

Estlcam is another paid version and it is very good for the low price that is asked. It is what I use. You have the option of just running g-code from other programs with the controller, or converting DXFs and other files to g-code then running it.