Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Drag chain on ACRO 1010

Discussion in 'Laser Cutters' started by romamaker, Feb 19, 2020.

1. romamaker

romamaker Well-Known
    Builder

Wasn't super happy with how the tubing worked on the ACRO 1010 size machine. The tubing worked OK for the Y axis, but the one attached to the X axis was just too long, and didn't work out so well holding the wiring out of the way. Just wanted to droop down into the work area. So I replaced with a drag chains. Was able to use existing holes on the stock plates. Used 4 3D printed brackets, replaced a couple of stock bolts with slightly longer ones, and added a length of aluminum angle bracket I had laying around. Worked out great.

Chain1.jpg Chain2.jpg

2. serkanertan

Builder

hello, it looks beautiful. Can you share the stl file?

3. romamaker

romamaker Well-Known
    Builder

Sure... these may not exactly work for you're particular setup, but you're more then welcome to try them. There's 4 total STLs. One that mounts the chain to the X carriage. Two, a left and right, for mounting the angle bracket and chain to the Y carriages. The other two files are for the Y axis... one mounts to the right side carriage, the other mounts the chain to my ply-wood table top. I'm also included two images, showing where they mount on the X plate and Y plates. Let me know if you have any questions.

Attached Files: