Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Double wide C-beam gantry plate...

Discussion in 'General Talk' started by flysolo206, Nov 23, 2017.

Tags:
  1. flysolo206

Builder

Getting ready to purchase a kit but I was wondering if anyone knows if the double wide gantry shown here: (C-Beam® Gantry Plate - Double Wide) can be set up to travel on two C-beam rails at the same time. Basically, having the double wide plate (but rotated 90 degrees and using it as a double tall/height instead of wide) traveling on an x-axis made up of two C-beam rails...Just thought I'd check before ordering.

Thanks,
    AP

2. Rick 2.0

Rick 2.0 OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder

Sorry, but no it can't. The holes are all wrong for such an endeavor. About as close as you can get to that would be using a C-Beam® Gantry Plate in each of the C-beams and connecting the two with a flat strap/plate.

3. flysolo206

Builder

Thanks Rick. I'm really just trying to get the most rigid and true set up for the router lathe I want to build. I would like it to remove as much material as possible as accurately as possible. Any other suggestions would be very helpful. One other question... if I order the C-beam actuator bundles without motors (want the high torque Nemas) does the bundle still come with the aluminum spacers, flexible couplings and such so that I can mount the high torque Nemas (bought separately).

Thanks again.

4. Rick 2.0

Rick 2.0 OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder

According to the parts list it does but as I have never bought one as a kit like that I can't say for certain.

As for suggestions, can you post a Sketchup file or drawing showing what you have in mind? The forum generally offers its best suggestions given a good visual reference.

5. flysolo206

Builder

I will post when I finish the drawings :) ... I'm buying parts up front because I'll probably regret not buying during the Black Friday sale ;)