Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

DIY Full Color 3D Printing

Discussion in 'General Talk' started by tlewis3348, Nov 7, 2021.

1. tlewis3348

Builder

I've been investigating methods for printing full color parts. There are many solutions for multicolor printing (e.g., switching filaments, multiple extruders/nozzles, etc.), but they can't do true full color parts. Further, purchasing multiple colors of filaments can get expensive. Through my research, I found the da Vinci Color, which uses regular inkjet printer ink to dye filament to the required color. The results they show are awesome, to say the least, as are the results shown in reviews of the printer. Further, the method seems quite simple since only one color of filament needs to be purchased. However, I'm not interested in purchasing their printer because other than the color printing, it has several limitations my homemade printer won't have (particularly with regards to the print volume and customizability).

Therefore, my question is, does anyone know of a means of doing something similar in a homemade printer?