Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Delta-23

Discussion in '3D printers' started by MaherGBR, Feb 6, 2023.

1. MaherGBR

MaherGBR New
    Builder

2. MaherGBR

MaherGBR New
    Builder

Since writing-up this build, I've installed a Beaglebone and Klipper to aid off-loading of the 8bit processor. Verdict? - It's a bit rubbish.

Apart from not getting on very well with the MainSail UI (why does anything useful still need a command-line entry?), Klipper firmware has consistently bombed with timing errors mid-print. Doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason - slowed it right down it's still bombing out randomly. I'm sure if I turn it down to the same speed as the 8bit, it'll probably work, but whats the point?

Feeling like a RUMBA32 board might be heading my way soon :)

3. John Willing

Builder

I upgraded my Ender 6 and was wanting to move to Klipper but wanted a "test machine" to practice on with the left over parts, motherboard and some 1m extruded aluminum, I built a unit from your design. I could not get your 3 wheel carriage to work with my 2020 v-slots so I designed a 4 wheel version to reuse the left over pulleys. I have it assembled and trying to get the Creality 4.3.1 silentboard configured to run Klipper. I have a spare E3d V6 but it is 12v while the Creality board is 24v. I ordered a new heater for the hotend. I have the axis homing and moving and the extruder working. Trying to get the Z-offset correct for my 1M height. Thank You for this build as it is the most straight forward one I found. I'll post a picture when I get to working...

I did not see where your Marlin config is located.

John W.