Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Cut aluminium sheet. Which carbide end mill to use and parameters?

Discussion in 'General Talk' started by Julio Cesar Zebadua, Oct 20, 2017.

1. Julio Cesar Zebadua

Builder

Good day.

Thanks can help me. I am wanting to cut some pieces in aluminum with my CNC router. I have always cut wood and I have no idea which carbide end mill to buy to cut aluminum. The parts I want to make in 3/4 "and 1/2" aluminum, what model of carbide end mill should I buy? and what speed should be used for cutting and advancing by pass not to force the Endmill cutter?

The parts I want to cut are similar to these:

[​IMG]

2. Giarc

Giarc OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

What size are the smallest holes you need cut? Where are you located? It is hard to provide information on where to purchase (other than from China) without a country listed in your profile. I have purchased from many sources with good luck, but they may not be feasible for you if there are importation costs.

3. Kevon Ritter

Kevon Ritter Veteran
    Builder

Although what Giarc said is very correct, it doesn't matter if we don't even know what your machine is. I can give you my settings, but that may destroy your machine, or may not make use of it.

To make parts like those, you could use as many as seven different tools. 3 drills, 1 face, 1 chamfer, 1 rough, 1 finish

You can interpolate holes as well, but drilling has given me more accurate and better overall results.