Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Configuring and Wiring HY-DIV268N-5A Drivers

Discussion in 'General Talk' started by Ronald4418, Nov 28, 2017.

1. Ronald4418

Ronald4418 Well-Known
    Builder

Has anyone here wired up these drivers and got them to work correctly on a C-Beam XL? I had a little accident yesterday trying to add a Zero Plate connection to my Gecko G540 and Shorted everything out. Hopefully, the Inline Fuse protected my brand new machines internal electronics. But just in case I have 4 of these drivers to use. I'll still need a Breakout Board and various other items but as I said just in case.

A wiring diagram that an Idiot can follow would be quite helpful as the wiring is way out of my realms of possibility.

The motors are marked thus on the side and the information disc that they came with is useless.

Dur-
    Dur+
    Pul-
    Pul+
    EN-
    En+
    A+
    A-
    B+
    B-
    DC-
    DC+

2. Jonathon Duerig

Jonathon Duerig Journeyman
    Builder

I don't have these boards, but here is what I would try:

Dir+ -> Dir pin for that axis
    Dir- -> Ground
    Pul+ -> Step pin for that axis
    Pul- -> Ground
    En- -> Disconnected
    En+ -> Disconnected
    A+, A- -> To one pair of motor wires (verify that they are the right pair by shorting the two wires against each other and turning the motor. It should feel much harder to turn)
    B+, B- -> To the other pair of motor wires
    DC- -> Negative terminal on your power supply
    DC+ -> Positive terminal on your power supply

The DC+ and DC- are the two that are really important to get right. Reversing polarity tends to destroy power controllers.

-D

3. Ronald4418

Ronald4418 Well-Known
    Builder

Well, I got the nerves calmed down enough to open my control box and luckily it worked when I turned it on. Just going to have to find a Steel Enclosure and the assorted Plug Receptacles that can be screwed to the actual case instead of relying on a Compression Fit. Will make sure this time to add Fuses to each of the wires coming out of the receptacle.

4. Ronald4418

Ronald4418 Well-Known
    Builder

I'm going to keep this for future reference. Thank You