Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

CNC xPro v2 only works some of the time

Discussion in 'Controller Boards' started by LSDavis89, Nov 7, 2016.

  1. LSDavis89

    LSDavis89 New

    Feb 15, 2015
    Likes Received:
    So I recently got my C-Beam up and running, but the xPro seems to become unresponsive randomly, though never in the middle of a job. It won't work in the morning but I'll try it later, and it runs like there was never an issue. I did use Grbl Controller briefly while setting up the machine (jogged the machine and adjusted a few parameters) so this may have been the kiss of death, but I wanted to see if anyone else had this problem before getting another driver. I've switched to bCNC, but the xPro still only works some of the time.

    When its not working, the raspberry pi is able to see the xPro, I can select the correct port and it will display the version (v0.9j) but then it freezes up. I'll hear two clicks from the steppers when I attempt to connect, but I'm unable to do anything (jog, see parameters, etc.). When I was still using Grbl Controller, it would display "Wait for ok failed".

    Any advice is greatly appreciated, I'm new to CNC so the solution may be obvious or completely not related to the xPro!

    #1 LSDavis89, Nov 7, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2016
  2. snokid

    snokid Journeyman

    Oct 11, 2014
    Likes Received:
    couple things to try...
    reflash the xpro...
    take the PI out of the loop...
    bad usb cable...
  3. LSDavis89

    LSDavis89 New

    Feb 15, 2015
    Likes Received:
    Thanks for the response, but I'm still having trouble.
    I swapped to the macbook, got a new cable, and I'm attempting to reflash. I think I've got the right board/comm selected because when I pull up the serial monitor in Arduino IDE, I see the GRBL version displayed (and it freezes up like before/doesn't dump settings etc). When I try to clear the board with the code from Arduino's site I get the following:
    Arduino: 1.6.12 (Mac OS X), Board: "Arduino/Genuino Uno"

    Sketch uses 764 bytes (2%) of program storage space. Maximum is 32,256 bytes.
    Global variables use 9 bytes (0%) of dynamic memory, leaving 2,039 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 2,048 bytes.
    avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 1 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x00
    avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 2 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x0d
    avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 3 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x0a
    avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 4 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x47
    avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 5 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x72
    avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 6 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x62
    avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 7 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x6c
    avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 8 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x20
    avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 9 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x30
    avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 10 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x2e
    An error occurred while uploading the sketch

    This report would have more information with
    "Show verbose output during compilation"
    option enabled in File -> Preferences.

    This seems like an improvement since updating my drivers where the only error I got was resp=0x00

    My apologies for this big wall of text, maybe I should go to the Arduino site. . .

Share This Page

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice