Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

CNC xPro & 'grbl Controller' (Zapmaker) software incompatibilities?

Discussion in 'Controller Boards' started by Chillimonster, Jan 26, 2016.

1. Chillimonster

Chillimonster Well-Known
    Builder

While i wait for my kit to be delivered i'm going to be 'playing' with software options to control the CNC xPro.

Originally i was going to run a PC in the workshop but thought about using a raspberry Pi (Connected to a monitor, with keyboard and mouse) due to size etc.

I notice that GRBL controller is not recommended for the CNC xPro on the Ooznest Site - is this still the case - what are the issues running this combo?

If thats a no-go what are the alternatives for a self contained solution (No internet in workshop)?

I used to use Mach3 on my Stepcraft, but as that is not compatible..........

Any help is appreciated.

2. John Meikrantz

John Meikrantz Well-Known
    Builder

My two favorites right now are bCNC and cnc.js. I have a similar setup with Raspberry Pi in the workshop connected to control CNC.

GitHub - cheton/cnc.js: CNC.js is a web-based CNC milling controller for the Arduino running GRBL.
    vlachoudis/bCNC: GRBL CNC command sender, autoleveler and g-code editor

3. Chillimonster

Chillimonster Well-Known
    Builder

Thanks John

The Pi route makes sense as i have quite a few of them as i use them in my Arcade machines and they are small, and rock solid in use, and dont want a big power hungry PC serving the CNC machine when i can 'get away' with something smaller.

4. daisosasen01

Builder