Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

cnc xlarge jamming help.

Discussion in 'CNC Mills/Routers' started by minifly3, Nov 26, 2016.

1. minifly3

minifly3 New
    Builder

Alright guys ive finally got my cnc almost done but i need some help, my x axis on the cbeam large always jams in a few spots on the screw, ive tried everything i can think of so i need your help!

2. Glenn Weston

Glenn Weston Journeyman
    Builder

Have you checked the Grub Screws on the Collars are clear of the Adjacent C-Beam risers the X Axis is mounted to, there is not much clearance there and if you did not file a flat spot on the lead screw chances are they are sitting high and hitting the adjacent beam as they rotate, possibly jamming the mechanism.

Try running the X Axis actuator physically disconnected from the machine, I tested mine before fitting with a cordless screw driver, if there is any resistance you will hear the motor strain, careful not to run to the end stops of coarse.

Cheers Glenn.

GrayUK likes this.
  3. Clearcutter

Builder

I would agree with Glenn, Check those grub screws. I filed the flats before I tried turning them with the collars tightened down so I never experienced the problem but they are very close.