Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

CNC Plasma Table 006

Discussion in 'Laser Cutters' started by xyzzy603, Sep 30, 2020.

1. xyzzy603

xyzzy603 New
    Builder

xyzzy603 published a new build:

Read more about this build...

2. Giarc

Giarc OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

Great build. Interesting the Langmuir Crossfire deserved to be tossed back in the dumpster. I have seen youtube videos regarding them, but I do not trust reviewers that are sposnored by, or get them for free. I would rather build my own and hope to someday.

sharmstr likes this.
  3. xyzzy603

xyzzy603 New
    Builder

Crossfire: It is what it is.

Only modifications I've made since first cut were smaller pulleys (faster acceleration cutting thin material) and solenoid/hose/nozzle to spray water while cutting.

4. crimally

crimally New
    Builder

True, But these people discussing here not seems to be paid. langmuir systems crossfire plasma cnc table : metalworking. I've seen many positive reviews about them because i'm planning to get one and doing bit research. Can't buy and hope on a $1500 product.

#4 crimally, Oct 24, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2020
  5. xyzzy603

xyzzy603 New
    Builder

The dual-row RM2's (at the other end of the imported/junk bearing spectrum vs. 608's) on the resin rails are quiet and silky smooth. The grooves immediately develop a slippery shiny/glazed appearance, don't seem to wear past that, and there is no rail residue accumulating on the wheels or bottom of grooves. First 3D printer constructed with same rails and bearings that I gave to friend's wife has been running day and night for many months (probably at least a year, I don't remember) and hasn't required a bearing replacement or any adjustments to compensate for wear (as opposed to her commercial printers - FFCP, etc. - that I see regularly for bearing, MOSFET, or pulley replacements.). I'm probably biased due to endless supply of phenolic resin drops but the resulting rails hold up very well, are strong, and result in fast and accurate linear motion for so very little money and effort.