Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

CNC Plasma cuter

Discussion in 'Other Builds' started by Serhioormano, Mar 24, 2015.

1. Serhioormano

Builder

I am building CNC Plasma Cuter. But it looks like here there is no section dedicated for that. Is that because it is not suitable?

I want to use openbuilds to create my plasma cuter table. But instead of timing belt I'll use gear rack mounted along 20x40 and 3:1 timing conversion kit.

The size of the table will be out of 30x40 square tubing and cutting surface 1200mm x 2200mm.

Do you think I can build reliable precision, durable CNC plasma cuter with openbuilds?

2. HeartMan

HeartMan New
    Builder

I am building a CNC Plasma Cutter myself. I am considering what to use for the linear motion rails. I have been told that Plasma Cutters produce a great deal of metal dust. I am wondering if anyone has recommendations about what type of Openbuilds rails and wheels would be best for this environment. I am concerned that the dust collecting on the wheels and rails might cause tracking problems and/or unusual wear. The plans that I purchased utilizes V-Wheels on a V-Rail. I think that the Openbuilds material will produce better stability if they can deal with the metal dust.

Thanks

3. Serhioormano

Builder

I was investigating it and I found out that for plasma timing belt is ok. I'll use G3. It will be even good for router on wood and plastic.

I do not think dust will be a problem. I am planing to use little bit of silicon lubricant.

4. Justin Christensen

Builder

Check out this video

GrayUK likes this.